Friday, November 28, 2008

17 times!

It's 12am, I'm 17! I didn't think I'd make it this far!
Well, okay I think I've had the best school day ever as well.
Even though it was a day before my birthday, everyone made it so special!
I was given the ultimate gift from all of my friends..a Banjo!
Yes, the white, round 5-stringed instrument. I think the instrument is underrated, and I think it sounds beautiful.
I got interested in this instrument after listening to banjo-playing artists, the likes of Sufjan Stevens, The Decemberists, Iron and Wine. AND if you actually listen, a lot of music in general does incorporate a banjo somewhere in there.
It's such a fascinating instrument because different hits of the string give off different textures of sound.
30 people contributed and I thanked the 30 people.
It's a great feeling.

No comments: