Friday, December 31, 2010

Welcome 2011

2010, the introductory year to a new decade has come and passed as it's expected to do.

It was the year the lovely people I graduated with were finished with high school and the arduousness that was IB.

It was the year I changed country; after 13 years of 30 degree equatorial heat, I was plunged into the cold depths of Europe. Weather, food, people alike have been a shock. The mixture of pleasant, foreign and peculiar still persists, but I'm slowly processing this cornucopia of change with an outsiders view; likewise I'm sure I look just as unfamiliar!

It was also the year of ongoing tough times, stalwart progressions with environmental change, negative commitments. Finding a person's way with so much is probably what constitutes following a transgression or following a plan.

I don't know what I hope for in 2011 [personal and/or universal]. Disappointments will probably ensue; death, destruction, disaster! However a spark exists in all of mankind, so I again hope for light, lots and lots of light.


-Helen

No comments: